Wednesday, August 5, 2009

28 Weeks... Only 84 days left!

So we have made it to the 7 month mark. Everything is going great, I can't complain. The summer has not been hot at all, which is absolutely great. It has been absolutely beautiful so I am thankful for that.
At 24 weeks I had to take the routine glucose test... I FAILED haha. So two weeks later I had to take the 3 hour glucose test. For those of you who don't know what this is let me explain. By all means it is not difficult... it is just long, annoying, and disgusting. They make you drink a whole "red cup" of what seems to be Orange Crush which is doused in sugar. It is extremely flat and after a few gulps just makes you feel disgusting. Prior to drinking it, the nurse takes your blood. You drink the Orange Crush, and as soon as you finish the clock starts. So I put my college drinking skills into play and chugged it as fast as I could. Once the clock starts... you wait. Every hour for the next three hours the nurse would take my blood again. Again not the worse part, but it is never fun being pricked with a needle, and especially four times in the same spot within a 3 hour span. The worst part was the not being able to eat from 11:00 pm the night before until the end of the test which was 12:15pm the next day. Baby was hungry... and mommy was STARVING. Anyway, that test came back clean which is fantastic. It means I don't have to A. modify my diet and not enjoy the "eating what you want" during pregnancy, or B. worse case scenario take insulin shots for the next three months. Phew dodged that bullet. Now I just have to wait until Friday for my 28 week check-up to make sure everything is in its correct place and determine if I will need a C-Section or not. So keep your fingers crossed... I'd rather not have a 10 inch incision in my lower abdomen if I don't have to!
So with that said we are chugging along and the baby is moving like crazy. Some times I think the baby is literally break dancing inside. It was so cool the other day I was laying on the couch (when most of the activity happens) and I could see the baby moving from one side of my belly to the next. It was the coolest thing... I wish I had my video camera ready! Well, here are some pics of the every expanding belly. I have a few to show variety, and I will keep you all posted on the doctors appointments!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics! Great to know all is going well!!! Good luck on Friday. I need to come over and see and hug you both! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lu-huv the belly pics. didn't do it with claire and i'm still sad about it. i have pics in passing, but not the same view each month where i can compare the growth. you look amazing by the way!

    so scary about the swine flu thing. glad you evaded it!

    we're off to utah next week for a week or so, but then i'm sticking around town for a bit. we ought to do lunch or something. i'll facebook you once we're back.

    ReplyDelete