Sunday, May 31, 2009

MY VERY SCARY NO GOOD VERY BAD NIGHT!

On Friday night I went to my parents house for dinner with Eric, Amanda, Maddie, Emily and Jayden. Michael was working late, and I couldn't resist one of my mom's home cooked meals. Needless to say a two hour dinner turned into 4 and at 10:30pm my sister and I packed our separate cars and caravaned home. Everything was fine until we reached the Armitage exit on 94 while driving in the third lane from the right. A small white car swerves from the far right lane, running into a silver Honda Pilot in the second lane from the right, which in turn fishtailed from the front end back towards my car in the third lane. I slammed on my brakes trying to avoid her when she slammed the side of her car into mine. In the process a few cars back, my sister with 3 week old Jayden in the car slams on her brakes successfully missing the car in front of her, when an AT&T truck slams into her from behind. Needless to say this is what my car looks like now: After a lot of police work, and reports we were free to go home. My sister, Jayden and I with our husbands went over to Prentice hospital to get checked out. I got hooked up to machines to check my vitals and then check the babies. They monitored for contractions, the babies heartbeat, and I finally got to see an ultrasound and see the baby moving around happy as a clam. After three hours at the hospital I was free to go home. My sister had to stay over night at the hospital to monitor Jayden and finally got to go home at 12pm Saturday afternoon, and everything is fine. Everything is okay, babies are okay, and mommies are okay, but it was definitely a very scary, no good very bad night!

1 comment: